[UPDATE: 12:30PM 2/22 - Wax Poetic has updated their list to reveal more information about the Trey Anastasio 7" Picture Disc. See the entry below.]
Record Store Day returns on April 20th to independent record stores across this country and as we reported earlier Jack White will be this year’s “Ambassador.” Today, the folks at Wax Poetic have given a preview of what we can expect in the way of exclusive RSD releases by posting a list of 144 Record Store Day titles that include releases by some of our favorite artists.
You can check out the whole list HERE, but we’ve assembled some highlights…
- Grateful Dead are Cuts & Oddities 1966
This compilation was released on CD in 2005 but seems to be out-of-print
- Mumford & Sons Live at Bull Moose
A live set performed by Mumford at the Scarborough, Maine record store last August
- Frank Zappa & The Mothers of Invention I’m the Slime b/w Montana
Remastered from original analog source, Montana is a 2013 single edit with an additional 25 seconds of music
- Bob Dylan Wigwam b/w Thirsty Boots
From the forthcoming Bootleg Series Volume 10, features the demo version of Wigwam and the unreleased track from the Self Portrait sessions
- Trey Anastasio Blue Ash & Other Suburbs 7″ Picture Disc
We don’t know much about this tune other than that Anastasio apparently penned it himself according to a listing on the BMI Repertoire. Blue Ash is a suburb of Cincinnati. Another song recently added to the BMI Repertoire is titled “Can You See It” which is also included on this picture disc as are Gone and Tree. Phish has played Gone twice, while TAB tackled the song three times between 2008 and 2010.
- Paul McCartney & Wings Maybe I’m Amazed (live 12″)
We’re figuring this track is from the Wings Over America LP
- The Band The Last Waltz 3LP 180g deluxe version with 12 page booklet, individually numbered
Here’s your chance to own The Last Waltz on vinyl
- Grateful Dead Rare Cuts & Oddities 1966 180g 2LP, individually numbered.
The previously mentioned Rare Cuts & Oddities collection makes its way to vinyl
- Marco Benevento Invisible Baby Blue vinyl LP
Marco’s Invisible Baby makes its way to vinyl for the first time
Head to Wax Poetic for a full list of expected RSD releases and stay tuned for the official announcement which will no doubt have tons more releases.
[Hat Tip - Jay Kocyla]