In what’s become a regular occurrence in the weeks leading up to this year’s election you can pencil in another rally, this time in the potential swing state of Pennsylvania. Tomorrow, on the Streets of Philly, Bruce Springsteen will headline a Vote For Change Rally at the Benjamin Franklin Parkway between 20th and 22nd Streets. The Boss will entertain the crowd with a special solo acoustic set along with other performers and speakers. Free tickets are currently available to all Pennsylvania residents and students.
If you don’t reside in Pennsylvania, then maybe you’ll can hit one of these recently announced tours instead…
- AA Bondy will be on the road opening for the CWK and for some shows of his own (begins: 10/10)
- Margot & The Nuclear So & So’s hit the road for a club tour (begins: 10/03)
- Freak folkie Jeffrey Lewis heads out for a three week run (begins: 10/23)
- U-Melt line up a twelve state, twenty-three day fall tour (begins: 10/03)
- Oasis extends their U.S. arena tour with Ryan Adams in tow (begins: 12/03)
- Method Man & Redman reunite for a lengthy two month jaunt (begins: 10/10)
Finally, after taking over the Catskill resort Kutsher’s a few weekends back, the organizers of All Tomorrow’s Parties have announced that the extremely well-received event will return to the retro-kitschy hotel over Labor Day weekend in 2009. The event will follow the same format: Friday featuring Don’t Look Back sets and a comedy curated stage, Saturday to be curated by ATP and Sunday by a special guest curator who will be revealed in the coming weeks. Early bird tickets are now on-sale at atpfestival.com.