After a successful run of shows celebrating the release of Moodoo last September, Page McConnell will team up once again with funksters PBS for “The Return of Moodoo” at Tipitina’s Uptown on May 2 in New Orleans. This show takes place during Jazz Fest and is billed as a “one night only” affair.
For a taste of what you can expect, here’s an MP3 of the PBS original Wah Wah Me from the Live Phish recording of a Porter, Batiste and Stoltz with McConnell show at B.B. King’s in New York City from Sept. 26.
Let’s take one last look at what’s happening at other sites…
- The Bad Plus blog about a very busy day in their lives
- Wire Tap: If Rappers were characters from HBO’s The Wire
- J.D. Fortune is living on the streets after INXS fired him
- The AP’s Jeff Baenen talks music with Jorma Kaukonen
- Adam Sandler covers Like A Hurricane on The Late Show
- Terri’s Music Blog gives a recap of the MMW Master Class
Finally, our friend Alex Shapiro of MTV News saw the clip we posted of the Disco Biscuits covering Flo Rida’s Low and showed it to the rapper. He liked it…he really liked it! Speaking of Bisco, the Biscuits have just announced the second leg of their Spring tour including two nights at the Electric Factory in their hometown on Philadelphia, PA on April 17 and 18.