With Give Us The Money Lebowski guitarist and HT contributor Nick Setteducato currently living and working in New Zealand, GUTML wasn’t included in the initial lineup announcement for this year’s Awesometown Festival. But we’re happy to report that Nick will be returning to the States for a few weeks allowing GUTML to rock the fuck out during both nights of Awesometown: The Second Frame on May 8 and 9 in Morrisville, PA.
The producers of Awesometown also announced that HT favorite Tim Palmieri of The Breakfast will play a rare acoustic set outside of Connecticut at Snipes Farm. The $40 early bird tickets go on sale March 14. [Twitter]
Let’s take a look at what we’ve missed the past few days…
- The Daily Swarm breaks down the LN/TM merger hearings
- Eddie Van Halen discusses his new line of Fender guitars
- Rock Town Hall picks their fav non-Byrne Talking Head
- Pitchfork Editor Scott Plagenhoef sits for a Wired interview
- Download Tombstone – The Band’s unfinished lost album
- Smashing Pumpkins Freaks interview Nugs.net’s Brad Serling
Finally, if you’re a musician interested in collaborating with the Derek Trucks Band, now’s your chance. The band has made source files of the four instrument parts available from their latest single Get What You Deserve off of the new disc, Already Free. “Sit-in” by replacing an existing instrument part, add an entirely new instrument part, or (if you’re so inclined) you can even remix the song. Share your creation with the Indaba Music community for a chance to win free gear and a meet and greet with the band.