When Spike Lee needed someone to compose a score for his new documentary about Kobe Bryant he asked an old pal who had never scored a film before, Bruce Hornsby. The former Grateful Dead member’s score can be heard in Kobe Doin’ Work when the film premieres on April 25 in NYC.
In other Bruuuuuuuuce news, Hornsby told Billboard.com that we can expect a new Noise Makers album later this year. Bring it!
Let’s take a look at what’s happening around the web…
- The New York Dolls teamed up with Todd Rundgren for a new disc
- Vampire Weekend will perform a new song tonight on Jimmy Fallon
- Young fans are not excited to see old bands perform at Rothbury
- Midnight Oil returns to the stage at a benefit concert in Melbourne
- NIN’s Trent Reznor explains his thoughts on the ticketing situation
- Nowhere Boy, a new John Lennon biopic, starts production soon
Finally, Phish isn’t planning their own summer festival in Texas.