While we can only play the guessing game when it comes to what album Phish will cover at their upcoming Halloween festival, fans that are headed to see Bruce Springsteen in the Windy City this fall already know what they’re in for courtesy of the shows producers – Jam Productions. Earlier this week the company leaked to the city’s local papers that The Boss would be treating the folks in the Second City to a full rendition of arguably his best album Born to Run at his show at the United Center on September 20.
Meanwhile rumors are currently swirling around the interwebs that Springsteen plans to tackle a different album from his catalog every night during his five-night run of shows at Giants Stadium.
- List Time: Top 20 Merge Albums Of All Time
- Slate examines the reasons for the death of the music mag
- Cover Alert: Riverboat Gamblers tackle Prince
- Dr. Dog will release their next album on Anti Records
- Thom Yorke and Bon Iver to appear on new Twilight soundtrack
- Dinosaur Jr. let fans return incorrectly mixed copies of Farm
Finally, with Ryan Adams seemingly retiring from the music business earlier this year it left a big musical void in the life of his former band The Cardinals. While they await a call from the always unpredictable Mr. Moore, the band has lent their expert talents to the stunning Gin Wigmore, backing the New Zealand-bred singer-songwriter on her debut album No Smoke which hits stores on September 25.