It’s been a while since we’ve mentioned the name Give Us The Money Lebowski around these parts as the band’s guitarist (and HT contributor) Nick Setteducato currently resides in New Zealand, but we’re excited to see GUTML will make their triumphant return, complete with “special guests,” on January 4th at Mexicali Live in Teaneck, New Jersey.
The gig is a fundraiser for the Rocking Out Cancer foundation, an organization founded by GUTML guitarist and cancer survivor Chris Cartelli which aims to raise funds which support clinical trials in cancer research through live music events. GUTML always peppers their set with plenty of covers and in the past they’ve torn through Godzilla, First Tube, Psycho Killer, Carini and Helicopters among other rock staples. Tickets are available here.
Here’s a look at six other stories of note this Monday…
- Rush will issue a deluxe version of 2112 next month
- INXS may have played their last show this weekend
- Stanley Jordan sat in with Phil & Friends last night
- Def Leppard will play entire Hysteria LP in Vegas run
- Jeff Ament chats with Glide for the mag’s My Roots
- Dog Gone Blog announces late-night New Year’s shows
You can always count on Keller Williams to make contest winner announcements interesting. Such was the case for the one-man-band’s contest to win an all-expenses-paid trip to Nashville to watch K-Dub perform with The Travelin’ McCoury’s. Watch as Keller, aka The Lone Ranger, picks the winner…