When the initial schedule for the first few months of concerts at the newly-reopened Capitol Theatre in Port Chester, New York was announced the Steve Miller Band was set to play there on New Year’s Eve. Apparently there’s been a change in plans as that show has been cancelled and been replaced by a funkier option. The Funky Meters will headline The Cap on New Year’s Eve with Ivan Neville’s Dumpstaphunk set to open. Tickets will run $90 and $45 and will go on sale soon. And of course this news comes out just minutes after we posted our 2012-2013 New Year’s Eve Concert Guide.
- List Time: 10 Rock Operas That Deserve Stage Adaptations
- Vice offers up a lengthy interview with the King of Surf Rock – Dick Dale
- Cover Alert: Elliot Smith tackles The Beatles
- Ken Burns next documentary will likely be about the history of Country Music
- Download This: Ryan Adams – Boulder Theater – 2012-10-29
- A clothing line inspired by Jimi Hendrix to be sold at Bloomingdale’s
When your band already has a channel solely dedicated to them on SiriusXM it’s probably easy to arrange hosting your own show on it. Yesterday on Pearl Jam Radio, PJ lead singer Eddie Vedder did just that, when he premiered the very appropriately titled The Eddie Vedder Radio Show. The limited run show will feature Vedder’s “favorite songs, from early punk rock influences to unreleased material from his personal archives,” as well as “personal stories about his career in rock music.”