While the folks behind Coachella made their ticket holders wait until nearly the day of the fest to divulge their daily lineup, organizers of the second annual Solid Sound festival have gone the opposite route. Yesterday, the producers of the Wilco-curated event, which is set to take place from June 24-26, released their daily schedule, giving attendees over two months to plan their days at MASS MoCa. The Chicago-based act will headline both Friday and Saturday nights, while The Levon Helm Band will close things out with a late-afternoon set on Sunday.
- List Time: 7 Weirdest Musical Statues
- John Mellencamp & Steven King’s musical set to open next year
- Cover Alert: LCD Soundsytem tackles Franz Ferdinand
- The Band’s Robbie Robertson to pen his memoirs
- Download This: Spin’s Free Soundtrack For Coachella
- Read the FBI files on the Biggie Smalls and Tupac Shakur
Finally, in other Wilco related news, Jeff Tweedy recently appeared on the Canadian late-night talk show George Stroumboulopoulus Tonight, where he sat down with Strombo for two interview segments and also performed a new tune called Open Your Mind – which if we were to make a logical assumption may appear on the band’s debut album on its own dBpm Records label later this year. Tomorrow night, Jeff Tweedy will kick off a two-night hometown solo acoustic stand at the Vic Theater. Be sure to keep an eye on our Twitter feed on Saturday night, as our intrepid leader Scott Bernstein will be tweeting live from the show in the Windy City.