With the holiday season just around the corner, those looking for something unique for the music fan in your life might want to consider the two new vinyl box sets being offered up by Jack White’s Third Man Records. The Nashville-based label’s limited edition White Stripes box includes these Stripes-infused items – a custom portable record player, turntable slip mat, 3 custom vinyl adapters, Nixon headphones, 7” red vinyl of “Merry Christmas From The White Stripes”, record cleaning brush, LP record box and 7” record box – all for the low price of $499 with just 333 available.
There is also a non-limited Third Man Records set, that features with similar items with the labels logo on it that can be purchased complete our as individual items. In other Third Man news, the label will release a Jack White produced 7″-single, by Swedish psych-rock band Dungen on January 24.
- List Time: Gibson’s Top 50 Acoustic Guitar Players Of All Time
- Singer-songwriter Ryan Adams relaunched his PAX AM website
- Cover Alert: Peter Wolf Crier tackles Nick Drake
- Beck is asking fans to vote on tracks for Record Club comp album
- Download This: WYA’s Allman Brothers Goes Twang
- Lou Reed directed the vid for Susan Boyle’s cover of Perfect Day
Finally, we’re always happy to see another bands outside of the “jam” realm that are allowing taping at their shows, with the latest being the Seattle-based roots-rock act The Moondoggies. The former Blips pick, who released their sophomore album Tidelands last month, will reward those who record and share their gigs online with a free screen-print poster. Be sure to check out the band’s pretty liberal official taping policy here.