Bowery Presents continue to stretch their reach outside of their home base in New York City, as next month the concert promoters will open their second venue in Boston – The Sinclair. The 525-person venue, located in Harvard Square in the Cambridge area of Beantown, will take a page from their sister venue Brooklyn Bowl by also featuring a 104-seat restaurant “helmed by one of the country’s top chefs, James Beard Award–winner Michael Schlow.” The club will officially open on Tuesday, October 30, with a gig from The Meter Men with Page McConnell, and currently have shows scheduled with K’NAAN, psych-rock legend Roky Erickson, folk-rockers David Wax Museum and more.
- List Time: 17 Songs That Influenced Animal Collective’s New Album
- LCD Soundsystem’s James Murphy is rumored to be producing the next Arcade Fire record
- Cover Alert: Those Darlins tackle Iggy Pop
- MMJ’s Jim James gives his thoughts on President Barack Obama for 90 Days, 90 Reasons
- Download This: Hurray For The Riff Raff – Mercury Lounge – NY, NY – 2012-08-26
- Unheard recordings of Ringo Starr’s first band have been unearthed after 50 years
Finally, Light In The Attic first caught our attention back in 2008, when the Seattle-based label reissued the fantastic lost debut from Rodriguez. The label, who has built a reputation on re-releasing similar lost albums, reissuing hard-to-find and out-of-prints records and putting out compilations, will celebrate their 10th Anniversary with a two pack of concerts – the first at El Rey Theatre in Los Angeles (9/28) and the second at The Showbox (10/12) in their hometown that will both feature LTA artists: Rodriguez, Michael Chapman, and Donnie & Joe Emerson. Prior to the concerts, the label has announced that they will hit the road on a 2,500 mile road trip up and down the West Coast, where they will visit 58 record stores over the course of 12 days – and they want you to join them. If you’d like a spot in the van, simply email firstname.lastname@example.org and tell them why you deserve to be chosen to join them. The winner will be announced on September 17th, 2012 at the Light In The Attic blog.