HT faves Wilco are currently in the home stretch of their European tour, which finds Jeff Tweedy & Co. pulling into Barcelona, Spain this evening for a high profile appearance at the Primavera Sound Festival. Yesterday, the band revealed that their set will be streamed live via the fest’s YouTube page at 5 PM EDT, or as dutifully pointed out in Wilco’s announcement, 4 PM in their hometown of Chicago. The fest will also webcast sets from Mazzy Star, Sharon Van Etten, The Cure and more throughout the weekend. Look for the full schedule on the YouTube page. Wilco returns stateside next month to kick off their summer tour with a pair of shows at Red Rocks in Morrison, Colo. on June 22 and 23, featuring the Punch Brothers and Dr. Dog as opening acts on the respective dates.
- List Time: Best Bands With Twins
- Red Hot Chili Peppers revealed that they will release 18 singles over the next 6 months
- Cover Alert: The Gaslight Anthem tackle Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers
- Check out the first pic of Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix from the upcoming biopic
- Download This: Jack White – Roseland Ballroom – 2012-5-22
- M83′s new video for Reunion features a nod to the Beastie Boys’ Adam Yauch
Finally, Aaron Freeman’s comments to Rolling Stone about retiring his Gene Ween persona and bringing an end to Ween’s 25-year career have led to two outstanding “obituaries” about the New Hope, Penn.-based band. Our pal Jesse Jarnow details the long and fruitful relationship between Deaner and Gener and explains why the band succeeded on their own terms in a piece for Village Voice’s Sound of the City blog. Over at Grantland, Alex Pappademas gives readers a history lesson about the 10 most important years in Ween history.