With the runaway success of the film Once, it’s really no surprise that it would eventually be adapted for the Great White Way. The stage version of the 2006 flick, which will hit Broadway sometime this fall, will be helmed by Irish playwright Enda Walsh and Scottish director John Tiffany, and features music and lyrics by the film’s stars Glen Hansard and Marketa Irglova.
- List Time: CoSs’ 50 Most Important Albums Of 2011
- The Strokes fourth studio album gets a release date of March 22
- Cover Alert: Phosphorescent tackle Neil Young
- Dilemna soundtrack features The Band, Hold Steady, Black Keys
- Download This: M.I.A.’s new free mix tape
- The Dodos recruit Neko Case to sing on their new album No Color
Finally, earlier this week the soundtrack for the documentary Wretches & Jabbers, which follows two men with autism travel around the world, trying to alter people’s perceptions of the condition, was released via iTunes. The digitally released album for the doc features an impressive and diverse roster of artists, and includes tracks from Bob Weir, Ben Harper, Norah Jones, Stephen Stills, Devendra Banhart and more, with 100% of the proceeds from purchases of the album and individual tracks going to benefit the Autism Society Of America and the Wretches & Jabberers Fund of the Institute on Communication and Inclusion at Syracuse University.