Around mid-afternoon tomorrow, the 2nd annual Outside Lands Music & Arts Festival will kick off in San Francisco’s Golden Gate Park, featuring a diverse and eclectic roster of acts across seven stages. For those of us who were unable to make the trip out to the Bay Area, fear not as the folks behind the fest have teamed up with YouTube to stream the festival all weekend long, which will include sets from Dave Matthews Band, Jason Mraz, Thievery Corporation, The Dead Weather, Atmosphere and more.
- List Time: P4K’s Top 500 Songs Of The ’00s
- Rainn Wilson responsible naming new Weezer album Raditude
- Cover Alert: Mark Lanegan tackles Afghan Whigs
- Bob Wier sat in with Sean Lennon at his recent San Francisco gig
- Wilco, Neko Case & OCMS to play on A Prairie Home Companion
- Bob Dylan mistaken for a homeless man & considers voicing GPS
Finally, it’s been a few years since we heard any new material from Norah Jones. The multi-Grammy winning singer-songwriter has been keeping busy acting, playing in various side-projects & lending her talents to everyone from Willie Nelson to Mike Patton. For her next album, which is due in November, Jones has recruited some impressive talent to help her out, as both Ryan Adams & Okkervil River front man Will Sheff have songwriting credits, and both Marc Ribot & Smokey Hormel also contributed as backing musicians.