The Avett Brothers have been on a seemingly non-stop tour ever since releasing the critically acclaimed I And Love And You last September. So it really should come as no surprise that the North Carolina-based act’s next release will come in the form of a live album, which will be simply titled Live, Volume 3. The 16-track album, which will also be released on DVD, was recorded at a hometown gig at the Bojangles Coliseum in Charlotte on Aug. 8 of last year and features a mix of songs from the band’s career including Murder In The City, When I Drink and Pretty Girl From Matthews.
- List Time: Top 10 Songs Over 10 Minutes Long
- U2, Damian Rice & Glen Hansard to appear in Irish music doc
- Cover Alert: Shout Out Louds tackle Band Of Horses
- Frank Zappa bust will be unveiled on September 19 in Baltimore
- Download This: Talking Heads – The CBS Demos, 1975
- Rounder Records celebrates its 40th anniversary with box set
Finally, for those that are looking to get a head start on planning a music-cation for next summer than you might be interested in knowing that on July 1, 2011 psychedelic-rockers The Flaming Lips will perform their break-out album The Soft Bulletin in its entirety at London’s Alexandra Palace, as part of All Tomorrow’s Parties Don’t Look Back season. Joining The Lips on this special night will be Dinosaur Jr., who will perform their 1988 album Bug, and Deerhoof, who will tackle their 2004 record Milk Man. Tickets will go on-sale starting tomorrow at 10 AM UK time.