After 33 seasons of football, 2009 will be the last year that the Giants and Jets will call Giants Stadium home before moving into new digs across the lot for the 2010 season. In a move that seems fitting, New Jersey’s native son Bruce Springsteen will play the stadium’s final concerts. Bruce & The E Street Band will setup shop for a three-night run to take place on September 30, October 2 and 3. Tickets for these shows go on-sale on June 1 at 10AM.
- List Time: Cameron Crowe’s Top Music Moments In Film
- Own an original bench from the Red Rocks Amphitheater
- Cover Alert: Weezer tackles MGMT & Lady Gaga
- Del McCoury releases a five CD career-spanning box set
- Stereogum celebrates the 10th anniversary of The Soft Bulletin
- Heading to Manchester? Check out Out The Other’s ‘Roo preview
Finally, I can’t seem to get away from Bob Dylan stories these days, and I thought this one was just too good to let slide. Back in the fall we reported that the legendary singer-songwriter paid a surprise visit to the childhood home of Neil Young. Well, it seems as this has become something of a trend for Zimmy. During his recent UK run Dylan paid 16 pounds to take a guided group tour of the house John Lennon grew up in – apparantly going unrecognized while flipping through photo albums and looking at memorabilia.