New York radio station WNEW has been through a lot of changes since the days when they were considered the seminal station for new and classic rock. Over the years, since abandoning it’s original format, WNEW has seen its focus shift from all talk to alternative rock. Currently 102.7 is an adult contemporary station targeting the young female demo. That’s a long ways away from the station Lou Reed immortalized with the song Rock And Roll.
Well, there is finally some good news about WNEW, as the station’s classic format has been relaunched on the web and HD radio. The new WNEW plans to dip into the vault with vintage broadcasts, along with a current and classic mix of music. It’s crazy seeing old videos of DJ Scott Muni doing his thing.
- The A.V. Club lists the Top 20 Acts That Peaked With Debut Albums
- Someone is currently stalking Debbie Gibson – get this guy a calendar
- Here’s one that will make all you Apple haters happy: 90% Of Amazon MP3 Users Never Used iTunes
- Aquarium Drunkard kicks down a classic Neil Young show from 1978
- Noel Gallagher knows why tickets sales for Glastonbury have been slow: to put it bluntly it’s totally because of Jay Z
- With the PA primaries days away The Boss endorses Obama for President
Finally, this Saturday is Record Story Day. Y’know, those places where you actually used to go and buy your music before the internet. Participating stores around the country will celebrate with giveaways and in-store artists performances. And for all you wax collectors out there, a number of bands will be releasing special 7” singles to commemorate the day.