While browsing Facebook the other day I came across a status update that both surprised and excited me. You may recall the Awesometown Music Festival, an event that took place at Snipe’s Farm in Morrisville, Penn. back in 2008 and 2009 featuring an assortment of jam-friendly acts such as the Lo Faber Band, Give Us The Money Lebowski, The Brew, The Macpodz and Allen Aucoin’s Dr. Fameus. The Awesometown Music Festival’s Facebook Page has come to life over the past few weeks and a recent status update read, “2012? Let me see your f#$%king hands!”
Will Awesometown return in 2012? Be sure to like the fest’s Facebook page to find out.
- Maura Johnston of the Village Voice shares her Rock Hall ballot
- Amos Lee will release an EP with six unreleased songs in February
- Randy Ray chatted with legendary guitar player Steve Cropper
- The Black Keys black out MOG, Rdio, Spotify and Rhapsody from new LP
- Afgan Whigs will reunite for first time in 13 years to curate ATP fests
- A video of Bon Iver’s Justin Vernon working out hit the web yesterday
Finally, a new group called The Gigantic Underground brings together BFFs Marc Brownstein and Aron Magner of the Disco Biscuits, Chris Michetti of RAQ, Dominic Lalli and Jeremy Salken of Big Gigantic with Ben Baruch of Underground Orchestra. The Gigantic Underground will play their first gig at Chicago’s Bottom Lounge on New Year’s Day. Tickets are available through ClubTix.