Earlier this year Chali 2na, the former front man for the much beloved – but now defunct – hip hop act Jurassic 5, released his long awaited solo debut, Fish Outta Water. The baritone-voiced MC has lined up a 14-date run through the West Coast dubbed the Deadliest Catch Tour, recruiting a handful of friends to bring out on the road. Joining 2na will be Gift of Gab from Blackalicious, Mr. Lif and Lyrics Born who will serve as host and MC.
If you’re not into a night of back-packer hip-hop than maybe you’ll be interested in hitting one of these recently announced tours…
- Classic rockers The Moody Blues schedule dates for March of ’10
- David Rawlings Machine heads out for a brief Midwest run
- Keller Williams brings his one-man-band act to a city near you
- Guitar virtuoso Leo Kottke stays busy into May of next year
- Lilith Fair organizers have confirmed its return for next year
- UK folk-rockers Fanfarlo lines up a 28-date, cross-country tour
Finally, taking a cue from the Monsters Of Folk, Jason Molina and Will Johnson – better known as the front men for the Magnolia Electric Co. and Centro-matic respectively – have teamed up to record an album under the simple moniker Molina & Johnson. The duo have lined up a lengthy world tour in support of their self-titled debut, which is in stores today.