In 2003 power-pop act Fountains Of Wayne became household names behind their seemingly ubiquitous hit Stacy’s Mom from their highly recommended album Welcome Interstate Managers. The New York-based quartet, whose last release came out in 2007, will hit the road this fall as a way of road testing new material for their next studio effort which will hit stores early next year. The band’s short ten-date tour will hit markets on both coasts including a high profile appearance at the Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival and a hometown gig at Bowery Ballroom on Oct. 7.
If you’re not into a night with the pop-rock act, then maybe you’ll be interested in hitting one of these recently announced tours…
- Ben Folds hits the theater circuit for a 13-date, November trek
- The Heavy + Mayer Hawthorne & The Country tour together
- Ozzy Osbourne lines up a short arena tour with Rob Halford
- Ray LaMontagne & Levon Helm team up for a co-headlining run
- Marco Benevento continues to tour with his Trios band
- Bela Fleck & The Flecktones put together a West Coast holiday tour
Finally, as festival season is starting to look smaller and smaller in the rear view mirror, for those of you that are looking to squeeze one more in, we’d like to point you in the direction of the third annual Frisco Freakout. The all-day psychedelic dance party will take place from October 16 at Thee Parkside in San Francisco and will feature performances from the likes of Howlin’ Rain, Sic Alps, Wooden Shjips, Assembly Head In Sunburst Sound and more.