After five months on the road, the Black Crowes have reached the final stop of their Say Goodnight to the Bad Guys Tour. Last night saw the band play the first of six shows at The Fillmore in San Francisco, which will be followed by the dreaded “indefinite hiatus.” SF Weekly has a review of yesterday’s performance, while our friends at Dirty Impound recently published an interview with Chris & Rich Robinson.
We’ll keep you posted on news from the Crowes’ finale.
Here’s six other stories to keep you occupied…
- David Gilmour’s son was arrested last night
- Charlie Dirksen reviews October’s Phish tour
- Check out Jeremy Gordon’s Soulive photos
- Rural Alberta Advantage covers Survivor
- Yo La Tengo shares a 2010 Hanukkah Diary
- Hand-written Dylan lyrics go for $422,500
Finally, over the years we’ve shared a number of videos featuring isolated tracks from classic recordings. Apparently we’re not the only ones who enjoy the opportunity to hear little details you can only pick out through these isolated tracks as a new site called Studio Multitracks was launched to compile them in one place. Recent finds include Freddie Mercury’s a capella track from Killer Queen, Matt Cameron’s drum track from Spoonman and Eddie Van Halen’s guitar track from Panama. Keep ‘em coming internets!