We were all kind of bummed a few months back when the Allman Brothers had to cancel their annual Beacon run due to Gregg Allman’s medical condition. Well, with Greggy all rested up, the Brothers are primed and ready to make their return to the road this August for a month long trek, along with some dates stretching into the fall. We’re extremely happy to see that Gregg will be back on-stage behind his trademark B-3 and ready to rock the masses.
If the idea of hearing a blistering version of Mountain Jam isn’t for you, then maybe one of these recently announced tours will be…
- Of Montreal bring their art-rock act to a town near you this fall (begins: 10/07)
- Liz Phair brings her Guyville tour to Philly, DC and Boston (begins: 08/27)
- Psychedelic, electro-rockers MGMT add fall dates in the US and abroad (begins: 07/23)
- The genius GZA will hit the road for a solo tour (begins: 07/26)
- Redheaded alt.country chanteuse Neko Case lines up a tour of the Mid-West (begins: 08/25)
- Shock-rocker and HT fan Alice Cooper puts together a massive North American tour (begins: 07/31)
Finally, the Seva Foundation will celebrate their 30th anniversary with a charity concert to take place on September 27 at Oakland’s Paramount Theatre. The all-star bill will feature performances from Jackson Browne, David Crosby and Graham Nash, Bonnie Raitt and Los Lobos. Tickets are on-sale now, along with a variety of VIP packages that include some great perks – with all the proceeds going back into the foundation. So go see some great music and support a worthy cause.