For Sting’s upcoming tour he will be backed by the Royal Philharmonic Concert Orchestra for a set filled with Police classics and solo gems. Mr. Sumner will rework all of his greatest hits for his first extended tour since The Police reunited. A few dates have been announced with more to follow.
Let’s take a look at seven other stories of interest…
- JamBase catches up with members of the Dark Star Orchestra
- Al Schnier kicks off Jambands’ 20 Years of moe. features
- Exile on Main Street will soon get the re-release treatment
- Richard Gehr talks to Steve Martocci about rewarding fans
- Lotus paid tribute to Tortoise during their shows in Chicago
- Enjoy a stream of last week’s Four Tet @ Le Poisson Rouge set
- DJ Le Spam talks to Epicurean Musician about food and more
Finally, in a move we all knew was the smartest one Aerosmith could make, the Boston rockers announced that lead singer Steven Tyler has rejoined the band. After a few months of nastiness, all seems to be forgiven between Tyler and his mates. Well, for now at least.