God Street Wine Returns Tonight For TRI Webcast + Into The Sea Video Premiere + Gramercy Ticket Giveaway
After 580 days since their last performance God Street Wine returns tonight for the first of six concerts the ’90s jammers will play by the time next Saturday rolls around. Bob Weir’s TRI Studios will host and broadcast this evening’s performance free-of-charge starting at 6:30PM PT. The members of GSW became friendly with Weir aboard Jam Cruise 9 and laid the groundwork for tonight’s show.
Ever since March we’ve been debuting video for God Street Wine’s 2010 reunion shows that were lovingly shot and edited by our friend and HT contributor Mike Wren. We started with Dirty Little Secret and subsequent posts, many of which have included an essay on the story behind the song from GSW guitarist Lo Faber, have featured Light My Candles, Weird Dream, Other Shore, Princess Henrietta, Who’s Driving, When She Go, Thirsty, 4th of July, Call It Love and Electrocute. This morning we debut the last clip – Into The Sea…
Following tonight’s webcast, GSW heads over to Sweetwater Music Hall in Mill Valley, Calif. for shows on Friday and Saturday. Then, the band heads home to NYC, where they will perform at the Gramercy Theatre on August 16 – 18. The August 18th show is sold out, but tickets remain for the 16th and 17th. For those of our readers who are intrigued by our many God Street Wine posts and want to see what the band is all about, or those Winos who slacked, we’ve got an offer for you. We’ve got two pairs of tickets to GSW’s sold-out August 18th performance to give away. To enter, leave a comment below telling us about your favorite God Street Wine song, or if you’re unfamiliar, why you’d like to check them out. We’ll pick two entries at random who will each receive a pair of tickets to see GSW at the Gramercy on August 18th.
Here’s the fine print…
- To enter, leave a comment below telling us your favorite GSW song or why you’d like to see them
- Your comment(s) must be left by 11:59 PM EDT on August 13
- Anybody entering more than once at the bottom of this post will be disqualified, tarred and feathered
- We’ll randomly select two entrants to win a pair of tickets each
- Each winner will receive a pair of tickets to see God Street Wine at the Gramercy Theatre on Saturday, August 18
- HT staff members are not eligible to win
- Winners are responsible for shipping or picking up their tickets at an agreed upon location in NYC