If you’re a Widespread Panic fan in New York City, you generally only get one chance a year to see the HT faves play in the Big Apple and it’s usually at an indoor venue. In fact, Panic hasn’t played an outdoor show within city limits since a Central Park SummerStage gig in 2000. That will change on Saturday night, when the Georgia Music Hall of Famers will take the stage at the Williamsburg Waterfront in Brooklyn.
Widespread Panic are currently celebrating 25 years together and there are major rumblings from band members that an extended hiatus is on the horizon. The latest leg of the 25th Anniversary Tour kicks off tonight in Boston for the first of two shows at the Orpheum. Tickets for the Williamsburg show are currently available through Ticketmaster.com or service charge-free at the Best Buy Theater box office in Manhattan and at Brooklyn’s Sound Fix Records.
As part of our Everybody Wins When We Plug Something And In Return They Offer Us Free Shit To Give Away program, we have two pair of tickets to giveaway to Saturday’s Widespread Panic concert at the Willamsburg Waterfront. To enter, simply leave a comment below telling us which song you’d like to see Widespread Panic play at their first outdoor concert in NYC in 11 years. Enter a second time by leaving your Widespread Panic song request on our Facebook wall.
Here’s the fine print…
- To enter the contest, leave a comment below telling us which song you’d like to see Widespread Panic play in Williamsburg on Saturday
- You can enter a second time by leaving a similar comment on the wall of the Hidden Track Facebook Page
- Your comment(s) must be left by 11:59 AM EST on September 16
- Anybody entering more than once on Facebook or at the bottom of this post will be disqualified, tarred and feathered
- Two winners will be selected at random from all entries at noon on 9/16
- Winners each receive a pair of tickets for Saturday’s show which you can pick up at Will Call
- HT staff members are not eligible to win