There’s been lots of debate around the Hidden Track offices over the past year about whether Phish should webcast their concerts or not. Whitperson of the Live Music Blog did a tremendous job researching and detailing the arguments for an open letter to the band and their management.
Speaking of which, a website for The Bunny radio station that will broadcast each set of Phish’s Festival 8, Kevin Shapiro’s From The Archives shows and other programs over 95.9 FM in the Indio area has launched. Perhaps they can just add a tab that says “live stream,” so those of us who can’t make it to F8 can listen in. Our fingers are crossed.
UPDATE: @bunnyradio has confirmed that all eight sets of Festival 8 will be broadcast via Sirius/XM Radio. Expect further details soon.
Here’s six links to help you get through the work week…
- Neil Young’s Bridge School Benefit concerts went smoothly
- Shocking: Insane Clown Posse pulls in $10 million a year
- Aron Magner debuts a song at SuperDee and Dan’s wedding
- Leonard Cohen hints at retirement during a recent concert
- Sublime debuts a new lead singer at the SmokeOut festival
- Umphrey’s blog details stops in Spokane, Seattle & Eugene
Finally, if you’re in the NYC area and looking to catch some good tunes to benefit a good cause on Thursday, head down to Kenny’s Castaways for a concert to benefit Farm Sanctuary – an organization that strives to provide lifelong homes for abused and unwanted farmed animals. A $10 cover gets you in to see Here, Athena Reich, Debra from Devi from 7 to 9PM.