HT Giveaway: HeadCount Participation Party – Dumpstaphunk, Anders Osborne, Amy Helm, Luther Dickinson
UPDATE (10/23): You’ve got one more day to enter! Also, Questlove and Eric Krasno have been added to the concert.
HeadCount has been a bright light coming out of our scene since the non-profit voter registration organization was founded before the 2004 election. Eight years later HeadCount will celebrate the close of its 3rd election season of a job well done by teaming up with Magic Hat, CEG Presents and Nolafunk for a four-night HeadCount Participation Party tour featuring Ivan Neville’s Dumpstaphunk and Anders Osborne. The tour will hit Baltimore (11/2), Philadelphia (11/3) and Washington, DC (11/4); culminating on November 5th, with the official Participation Party in New York City at the Highline Ballroom. At the finale, not only will Dumpstaphunk and Anders perform, but the event will also see some special guests with a few already announced – Amy Helm (Levon Helm Band, Dirt Farmer Band) and Luther Dickinson (North Mississippi All-Stars, Black Crowes).
Look for the two main acts to play full sets at the NYC finale while members of those bands and special guests (inc. Helm and Dickinson) will take part in a special all-star set. Tickets are available now through TicketWeb.
As part of our Everybody Wins When Lots Of People Register To Vote And In Return HeadCount Offers Us Free Shit To Give Away program, we’ve got a pair of tickets to the HeadCount Participation Party at the Highline Ballroom on November 5th for one lucky reader. Simply leave a comment below telling us what issue is most important to you this election day. We’ll pick one entry at random at 3PM ET on October 24th. You can enter a second time by leaving a similar comment on the Hidden Track Facebook Page and a third time by following @hidden_track and tweeting your most important issue at us. You must include both @hidden_track and #headcountparty in your tweet.
Here’s the fine print…
- To enter, leave a comment below telling us what issue is most important to you this election season
- Enter a second time by leaving a similar comment on the Hidden Track Facebook Page
- You can enter a third time by following @hidden_track and tweeting the name of your most important issue at us. You must include both @hidden_track AND #headcountparty in your tweet
- Your comment(s) must be left by 3PM EDT on October 24th
- Anybody entering more than once a piece on Facebook, Twitter and at the bottom of this post will be disqualified, tarred and feathered
- The winner will receive a pair of tickets to the HeadCount Participation Party at Highline Ballroom on November 5th
- HT staff members are not eligible to win