The Mike Gordon Band’s first tour of 2011 has gotten off to a great start with five shows in five nights out west. Not only did Mike’s five-piece unveil new original material from Moss and his time with Leo Kottke, but the ensemble has also worked new covers into the repertoire including Ralph Stanley’s Going Up Home to Live in Green Pastures and Beck’s Black Tambourine. Also, the MGB has teared up Mound at every other show.
Mike and his band start heading east with gigs in Flagstaff, Ariz. (Friday); Telluride, Colo. (Saturday); Aspen, Colo. (Sunday); Denver, Colo. (Monday) and Lawrence, Kans. (Tuesday) over the next five nights starting tomorrow. In less than two weeks, the MGB hit the Big Apple for two performances at Brooklyn Bowl on March 22 and 23. While these shows are sold out, we have two pairs of tickets to giveaway for each night.
To enter, simply leave a comment below telling us about your favorite lyric written by Mike Gordon. Also, let us know which night you can attend (22nd and/or 23rd) as we will have separate drawings for each night. All entries must be received by Thursday, March 17th, at 11:59PM EST. We’ll pick the winners randomly shortly thereafter.
A few rules…
- To enter the contest, leave a comment below telling us about your favorite lyric written by Mike Gordon and mentioning which show(s) you’d be able to attend
- Anybody found entering more than once will be disqualified, tarred and feathered
- Two winners for each night will be selected at random from all entries
- Each winner will receive a pair of tickets to see the Mike Gordon Band at Brooklyn Bowl on either March 22 or March 23
- Previously on HT: Interview – Mike Gordon Talks Shop
Head over to Phish.net’s new Mike Gordon setlist section for a look at what the Mike Gordon Band has played on this tour and all previous tours.