Queens native Paul Simon played his first hometown “club gig” in a long time on June 6, 2011 at Manhattan’s Webster Hall. By the time his two hour-plus set was through, he had given the intimate crowd a taste of each period of his illustrious career during a show that is remembered as a highlight of 2011 for many in attendance. The show was recorded in superb high-definition by director Martyn Atkins and was released last week along with sterling audio mixed by Phil Ramone and Andy Smith as Paul Simon Live In New York City.
Available in three formats (2-CD/1-DVD special package, Blu-Ray and Standard DVD), Paul Simon Live In York City is a fantastic document of an unforgettable night. Simon’s band had been on the road for two months straight and were at the peak of their powers. This one bears repeated listens/views as with so many incredible musicians on stage, and Paul’s well-known attention to detail in his live performances, you’ll find nuances you didn’t pick up on the first time around. Many of the big hits from Simon’s solo career including Late In The Evening, Kodachrome, Diamonds On The Soles and Slip Slidin’ Away are here as well as the best tracks from 2011′s So Beautiful Or So What LP such as the title track, Rewrite and Dazzling Blue. There’s even a pair of Simon & Garfunkel classics in The Only Living Boy In New York and Sounds Of Silence.
As part of our Everybody Wins When We Plug Something And In Return They Offer Us Free Shit To Give Away program, we’ve got a copy of the Paul Simon – Live In New York City 2-CD/1-DVD Special Package for two lucky readers. Simply leave a comment below telling us about your favorite Paul Simon song. We’ll pick two entries at random at 3PM ET on October 7th. You can enter a second time by leaving a similar comment on the Hidden Track Facebook Page and a third time by following @hidden_track and tweeting the name of your favorite Paul Simon song at us. You must include both @hidden_track and #htpaulsimon in your tweet.
Here’s the fine print…
- To enter, leave a comment below telling us your favorite Paul Simon song
- Enter a second time by leaving a similar comment on the Hidden Track Facebook Page
- You can enter a third time by following @hidden_track and tweeting the name of your favorite Paul Simon song at us. You must include both @hidden_track AND #htpaulsimon in your tweet
- Your comment(s) must be left by 3PM EDT on October 7th
- Anybody entering more than once a piece on Facebook, Twitter and at the bottom of this post will be disqualified, tarred and feathered
- Each winner will receive one copy of the 2-CD/1-DVD edition of Paul Simon – Live In New York City
- HT staff members are not eligible to win