In just a few short weeks, on July 31, HT faves Phish will release a brand-new 6-CD box set that features two incredible shows which took place at Chicago’s UIC Pavilion in 1994. Chicago ’94 contains every note the Vermonters played on June 18, 1994 and November 25, 1994, including material from the soundchecks, lovingly re-mastered by sound guru Fred Kevorkian.
1994 was an incredibly important year in the band’s history as their fanbase grew exponentially. Musically, the quartet was on fire with these two performances ranking among 1994′s best. From an outrageous David Bowie to a masterful YEM to a spectacular segue from Weekapaug > Mango, these two shows display the improvisational muscles the band was flexing throughout the year. Not to mention, there’s nary a flub to be found during the UIC gigs, plucked from Phish’s last full year on the road. Both the 6-CD box set and a special Pollock designed t-shirt are currently available for pre-order through Dry Goods. There’s also a “Racine Avenue Bundle” which contains both the t-shirt and the box set that’s up for sale. Speaking of which…
As part of our Everybody Wins When We Plug Something And In Return They Offer Us Free Shit To Give Away program, we’ve got five copies of the Chicago ’94 Racine Avenue Bundle to give away. To enter, simply leave a comment below telling us your three favorite Phish shows from the magical year of 1994. You can enter a second time by following us on Twitter and then tweeting your three favorite ’94 Phish shows at us. Make sure your tweet includes both “@hidden_track” AND “#htchicago94″ so we can keep track. Furthermore, we’ll give you a third chance to snag one of the sets by leaving your response to our ’94 Phish query on our Facebook wall. Once the contest entry period closes, we’ll select one Twitter entry, two Facebook entries and two entries from the comments section using random.org to keep it fair.
Here’s the fine print…
- To enter, leave a comment below telling us your three favorite Phish shows from 1994
- Enter a second time by leaving a similar comment on the Hidden Track Facebook Page
- You can enter a third time by following @hidden_track and tweeting your three favorite ’94 Phish shows at us. You must include both @hidden_track AND #htchicago94 in your tweet
- Your comment(s) must be left by 11:59 PM EDT on July 29
- Anybody entering more than once a piece on Facebook, Twitter and at the bottom of this post will be disqualified, tarred and feathered
- We’ll randomly select one entrant from Twitter, two entrants from Facebook and two from the comment section to win the Chicago ’94 Racine Avenue Bundle
- Each winner will receive the Chicago ’94 box set and the Pollock-designed t-shirt in the size of their choice
- HT staff members are not eligible to win
Good luck! And feel free to tell us why you chose the shows you did.