If you’re a huge fan of Paul Simon and his seminal Graceland LP like we are, 2012 will be a banner year as the legendary singer/songwriter is pulling out all the stops to commemorate the album’s 25th anniversary. Not only will Simon celebrate the anniversary by pairing up with many of the original musicians who performed on the album for a tour, he’s also put together a 25th anniversary edition of the album, which is available in a number of different packages. Each set includes a remastered version of Graceland, a disc featuring demos, alternate versions and an interview as well as a copy of the documentary film Under African Skies.
Under African Skies tells the story behind the making of Graceland, and the controversy created when Paul Simon went to South Africa to record with local artists. Directed by Oscar-nominated filmmaker Joe Berlinger (“Brother’s Keeper,” “Metallica: Some Kind of Monster,” the West Memphis Three/”Paradise Lost” trilogy), UAS features interviews with key anti-apartheid activists of the time and such musical legends as Quincy Jones, Harry Belafonte, Paul McCartney, David Byrne and Peter Gabriel.
As part of our Everybody Wins When We Plug Something And In Return They Offer Us Free Shit To Give Away program, we’ve got a pair of tickets to see a screening of the Paul Simon documentary: Under African Skies at The Ziegfield Theatre in New York City on June 5th at 7:30 pm. To enter our contest, simply leave a comment below telling us about your favorite Graceland track. You can enter a second time by leaving a similar comment on the wall of the HT Facebook Page and a third time by following @hidden_track and tweeting the name of your favorite Graceland tune (be sure to include both “@hidden_track” and #HTgraceland” at the end of your tweet so that we see it). The contest entry period closes on Friday, May 25 at 11:59PM ET. After that, we’ll tally all the entries from our comments section, Facebook and Twitter and pick one winner at random.
Here’s the fine print…
- To enter the contest, leave a comment below telling us which Graceland track is your favorite
- You can enter a second time by leaving a similar comment on the wall of the Hidden Track Facebook Page
- You can enter a third time by following @hidden_track and tweeting about your favorite Graceland track (be sure to include both “@hidden_track” and #HTgraceland” at the end of your tweet so that we see it)
- Your comment(s) must be left by 11:59 PM EST on May 25
- Anybody entering more than once a piece on Facebook, Twitter and at the bottom of this post will be disqualified, tarred and feathered
- One winner will get a pair of tickets to attend the Under African Skies screening at The Ziegfield Theatre in New York City on June 5th at 7:30 pm
- HT staff members are not eligible to win
Best of luck!