The second weekend of Jazz Fest is upon us and one of the more intriguing shows in the French Quarter takes place at Tipitina’s French Quarter late night on Saturday where Bonerama will be joined by Mike Mills and Scott McCaughey of R.E.M. Mike and the Bonerama boys have a bit of history after the R.E.M. bassist sat in with them last October at the Future of Music Coalition show in Washington D.C. for a few choice covers.
Tickets for Bonerama @ Tip’s are onsale now. Also, just a reminder that Tipitina’s Webcast Series continues tonight with a broadcast of Railroad Earth starting at 10PM CDT followed by Karl D tomorrow night.
Let’s take a gander at a few choice links of interest this hump day…
- We’ve been enjoying the Corgan vs. Love battle on Twitter
- List Time: The Top 13 Lists The Top 13 Live Albums
- Who would’ve guessed Letterman was a big power-punk fan?
- Klosterman explains why Beck’s Loser defines the ’90s
- The NY Times profiles Live Nation chairman Irving Azoff
- Will Flo & Eddie join Zappa Plays Zappa as guests in ’11?
Finally, Black Crowes drummer Steve Gorman loves sports and loves talking about sports. For his latest Steve Gorman Sports! podcast, Gorman spins the Rolling Stones’ Exile outtake Plunder My Soul and chats about attending the upcoming Kentucky Derby on Saturday. [via Swampland]