Quintessential Grateful Dead tribute act Dark Star Orchestra are throwing their inaugural Dark Star Jubilee festival at Legend Valley in Thornville, Ohio on August 31 – September 2. In addition to a show a night from DSO, the band will welcome 7 Walkers, the Mickey Hart Band, Keller Williams, Jorma Kaukonen, Infamous Stringdusters, Dumpstaphunk, Donna The Buffalo, Perpetual Groove, Boombox, Giant Panda Guerilla Dub Squad, Cornmeal, the Donna Jean Godchaux Band and more to Dark Star Jubilee. All in all, that’s three former members of the Dead who will participate.
Tickets are on sale now for $89. There will be no overlapping sets.
Here’s six other stories of note this hump day…
- Hybebot profiles the fan-friendly, high-tech ways of Umphrey’s
- Sax wiz Bill Evans chats with Chad Berndtson for Glide Magazine
- Rush will finally release a new LP, Clockwork Angels, on June 12
- NMAS Duo and Bright Light Social Hour added to moe.down bill
- The set times for the first weekend of Coachella have been posted
- NY Times reviews last night’s Kraftwerk eight-show run opener
Finally, up-and-coming acts Big Mean Sound Machine, Beat The Grid, and JSAN will play the first-ever Ithaca Bowl event at Brooklyn Bowl in NYC on Tuesday, May 22. The event has been assembled by promoter Brad Tucker to bring together Ithaca College alums living in NYC and is free-of-charge to those who attend/join the show’s Facebook page or shows an Ithaca College ID at the door.