Coachella promoters Goldenvoice have been working with the city of Indio on a long-term pact which will keep the festival in the California desert town through 2030. This potential deal also would give Goldenvoice the right to stage an additional two festivals besides the two Coachella weekends and the Stagecoach festival. The deal would also grant the promoter a larger capacity for Coachella. Head over to the L.A. Times for a full rundown of the details behind Goldenvoice’s potential deal with Indio.
Here’s links to six more stories of interest this hump day…
- Velvet Underground lost a copyright claim to Andy Warhol’s estate
- Sonic Youth announce release of a live show recorded back in 1985
- Sigur Ros have released a new animated video for the tune Seraph
- Watch a “Prince Lookalike Contest” that took place way back in ’85
- Listen to an unreleased Sex Pistols track called Belsen Was A Gas
- The maker of the Tupac Shakur hologram has filed for bankruptcy
Finally, while the Bridge School Benefit lineup for this year’s concerts came out over the weekend, we’ve already got our first addition. HT fave Ray LaMontagne has been added to the event which takes place on October 20th and 21st at Shoreline Amphitheatre in Mountain View, Calif.