HT faves Barika, the Vermont-based band who blend Craig Myers’ Kamel N’Goni work with Western influences, are currently working on their second album. The group has launched a Kickstarter campaign to help fund the rest of the recording process, mixing and mastering. Funders who back the project can receive t-shirts, albums and even a N’Goni lesson from Myers depending on how much they contribute. Barika hopes to release the album in early May.
Here’s six links to help you get over the hump this work week…
- The New York Times examines musician royalties gained from streaming
- There was a message behind The Lumineers’ performance on SNL
- Petty Fest is coming to San Francisco’s Fillmore at the end of February
- Check out Lowell George tracks from before Zappa and Little Feat
- The Strokes have announced a new album which is due out in March
- Charlie Hunter, Skerik and Steven Bernstein have put together a band
Finally, Eric Clapton has revealed details of new album, entitled “Old Sock,” which is due out March 12th. Old Sock features two new originals and a collection of covers that Clapton loves such as Further On Down The Road, Goodnight Irene and Peter Tosh’s Till Your Well Runs Dry. Special guests include Paul McCartney, J.J. Cale, Chaka Khan and Steve Winwood. CoS has more details.