In a world’s colliding moment for this writer, Ryan Adams has revealed that he will produce the new Lemonheads’ studio effort. For the upcoming record, Lemonheads head honcho Evan Dando will re-team with the band’s co-founder, Ben Deily, who separated from the group back in 1989. Plus, alt-rocker Juliana Hatfield – who has a long history with Dando and the Lemonheads’ brand – will play bass.
Adams’ tweet about his new behind-the-boards gig mentions he’ll bring the Lemonheads “back to the punker sounds” of the band’s early days. We can’t wait to hear the results.
Here’s a handful of stories to keep you entertained this hump day…
- The New York Times Magazine profiles legendary rocker Neil Young
- List Time: Paste details The 15 Greatest Sets of Musical Siblings
- Stream HT faves Frightened Rabbit’s new EP – State Hospital
- Looking to fill your NetFlix queue with Rock Docs? Check here
- R.E.M.’s Peter Buck discusses his forthcoming solo album
- Ben Folds Five tells the stories behind each track on their new LP
Finally, Primus has extended their 3D tour until the end of the year as the Les Claypool-led band will play a four-show New Year’s Run in California. The holiday action starts on December 27th at The Balboa Theatre in San Diego and moves to L.A.’s The Wiltern on December 29th before concluding with a pair of performances at The Warfield in San Francisco on December 30th and New Year’s Eve.