Intermezzo: StePhest Colbchella ’012 to Feature Flaming Lips, fun., Grizzly Bear, Santigold and Grandmaster Flash
Comedian and talk show host Stephen Colbert is following up last year’s StePhest Colbchella by curating a second edition of the mini-fest and this time around it will take place on the retired aircraft carrier the USS Intrepid. Dubbed StePhest Colbchella ’012, the multi-band event will take place on Friday, August 10, featuring the Flaming Lips, fun., Grizzly Bear, Santigold and Grandmaster Flash. The resulting performances will air on the following week’s episodes of The Colbert Report.
Here’s six more stories of note on this Hump Day…
- Gregg Allman thinks Spinner’s interviewer asks weird questions
- 14 tickets from a canceled 1979 Who show have been exchanged
- Stereogum ranks each and every R.E.M. album from best to worst
- Classic Rock lists the top 15 bands named after Superheroes and Villains
- The Dirt Farmer Band featuring Amy Helm will play NYC’s Iridium
- Rockers tell RS which current baseball stars would make good managers
Before we leave you, Fantasy Records has just announced a reissue of the famed Jerry Garcia / Merl Saunders Live at Keystone recordings. Dubbed The Keystone Companions / The Complete 1973 Fantasy Recordings, this four-disc set, scheduled for a September 25th release, assembles the original recordings and presents them, remastered, in the order in which the songs were performed at those two shows. The collection includes seven previously unreleased tracks, a special booklet featuring vintage photos, liner notes by Grateful Dead Hour host David Gans, a poster, a coaster, a pin and “scratchbook” (replicating the design of the original album’s promotional matchbooks).