Paste is devoted to Pearl Jam today as they posted a number of articles about Eddie & Co.. One piece that’s of particular interest to our readers compares the grunge pioneers to the Grateful Dead. Between the tendencies of both bands to play different sets each night, the dedicated fan base and similar roles in pop culture they just might have a point.
Here’s six more articles to keep you busy this weekend…
- Our pal Goff reviews a recent Akron/Family show in Ithaca
- Phish scores the #2 position on the Top 20 Tours of ’09 list
- Thom Yorke unveils the video for his song, All For The Best
- Jesse Jarnow and other critics remember ATP NY 2009
- Ticketmaster introduces a system to trade paperless tickets
- Ex-Clash stars Jones & Headon re-record song to aid convicts
Finally, my personal favorite Percy Hill lineup is reforming for a show at the legendary Stone Church on December 11 according to Jambands.com. If you grew up listening to Setting the Boat Adrift and Straight On Till Morning, these are the guys who made those severely underrated discs.