Dean Ween continues to provide outrageously brown content on his NING blog. Just yesterday Deaner shared some amazing shots from his photo collection. Where else can you see photos of Deaner with 1980 U.S. Hockey Coach Herb Brooks, or a head shot from the girl on the Chocolate & Cheese cover? Keep up the good work Deaner – the world needs more celebrity blogs that don’t suck.
Let’s start the final day of the week off with a fresh batch of links:
- Amy Winehouse denied visa; will not trainwreck at the Grammys
- Martin Scorsese’s Shine A Light debuted in Berlin yesterday
- The North Mississippi Allstars are giving away their new live CD
- Billy Joel beat out Yo La Tengo for the rights to play the last gig at Shea
- The B’more Sun explains the difference between indie kids and hipsters
- Levon Helm talks to the Wall Street Journal about the Midnight Rambles
- The NYT offers a meditation on the man who saved The Beatles
- Rockwell in Boulder recaps a busy night at the Fox Theatre
- It looks like a new venue is opening in Brooklyn soon
Finally, the Daily Swarm clued us in on a terrific list detailing 10 Examples of Auto-Tune Abuse in Pop Music. We Believe Cher is totally to blame for this horrible fad, so we’re shocked that song didn’t make the list.