We’re off to a slow start after an incredibly fun weekend seeing music. Some Dude had the pleasure of seeing The Felice Brothers tear the roof off the Bowery, while I channeled my inner tour rat during a three-night Umphrey’s McGee run. But now reality has set in, and we’re back at work with massive headaches.
Enough about us, let’s see what else is goin’ on:
- Prince will reportedly be paid $4.5 million to headline Coachella
- Does anyone else think it’s too early for a ’90s revival?
- Check out the setlist from Rush’s first show of 2008
- Sesame Street drafts Feist to help teach kids how to count to 1-2-3-4
- NPR previews the most anticipated discs of Spring [via LHB]
- Producer Mark Ronson signs a deal to partner with Interscope
- Dave Navarro says his Jane’s bandmates are happy to be reunited
And finally, Levon Helm’s lengthy history in showbiz includes memorable roles in a number of films both as an actor and a performer. Now the longtime Band drummer and singer plans to add talk show host to his resume. Helm has started lining up guests for a new show on little-known RFD television.