SXSW has finally wrapped up in Austin, and sadly Hidden Track didn’t have any correspondents on the scene. Luckily, almost every single blogger and their brother attended the schmoozefest, so there were plenty of reports from Texas. The Daily Swarm did the best job of rounding up the important news each day with their comprehensive You’re Not There features.
Let’s see what else happened this weekend:
- The schedule is out for GUTML’s Awesometown Festival
- Indie labels take e-commerce into their own hands
- David Oppenheimer shares his incredible photos from Langerado
- Coldplay, Tom Petty and Jay-Z to headline Live Nation’s Pemberton Festival on July 25-27 near Whistler in British Columbia
- Steve Winwood talks to Billboard about playing with Clapton and Petty
- Rush plans to switch up the setlist for the next leg of their tour
- Sheryl Crow and Fleetwood Mac aim to colloborate
- Austin City Limits is on the move after 33 years
- Dean Ween blogs about Ween’s Hawaiian tour
- TG, TB and the Unknown lists the 11 best Black Crowes related albums
Finally, we were sad to hear that Martin Fierro passed away late last week. The fiery saxophone player is best known for his brilliant work with both Legion of Mary and Zero. Our friend Brian Bavosa wrote a beautiful eulogy for The Meester.