If there was one band we could resurrect from the jamband and rock graveyards, the proprietors of this here blog would choose God Street Wine. But RANA would be a close second. If you’re unfamiliar with the obnoxiously awesome stylings of RANA, Uncle Neddy shares a number of legendary shows as the “of the week Download of the Week” (say that ten times fast!). Neddy also casts his vote in the Best Weekapaug Ever discussion that Rupert and Stan started last week.
Here’s a veritable bonanza of aural treats from a variety of singers and slingers:
- Nazz Nomad pays tribute to the one and only Shatner at Bleedin’ Out
- Elvis Presley’s Comeback Show features the King at his absolute best
- Go Aggro: Everyone needs a little live Suicidal Tendencies in their lives
- Velvet Underground takes Loaded on the road in 1971
- Is there any doubt that Chalant’s Suck My Pussy is gonna go gold?
- RBally shares part one of a top-notch Jeff Tweedy solo show
- This week’s Music-hole megapost contains boots from Joss Stone, Amy Winehouse and a buncha other bands
- A quick note to whomever put together this amazing collection of Paul McCartney rarities: You, sir or madam, own my face
Usually when artists play exploratory versions of Dylan tunes, Bob isn’t actually there to help them. That’s what makes the Wynton Marsalis Quartet’s takes on two Dylan classics incredibly cool: Bobby D himself adds the warbled lyrics and fractured harmonica playing we’ve come to know and love. Check it out.