Phish returned to San Francisco’s Bill Graham Civic Auditorium this evening for the second of three consecutive, sold-out performances at the the historic venue which was built in 1915.
[Photo via @Phish_FTR]
After keeping to heavy rotation favorites through the first two shows of the leg, Phish dug a little deeper into their repertoire towards the end of the opening stanza by dusting off the Mike Gordon-penned Sugar Shack (last played October 29, 2010). Sugar Shack was the first song of this West Coast swing that hadn’t been played earlier this year. First set improv was found within Wolfman’s Brother and Split Open and Melt.
Considering the last two second set openers rank among the highlights of the young tour, hopes were high when Phish started Golden Age. However, the band chose to quickly move on to Piper. Quick moves between songs were par for the course over the rest of the set with the exception of a pretty, ambient jam that came out of Simple featuring Page McConnell on Wurlitzer. Staples Show Of Life and Character Zero served as the encore. Phish finishes the San Francisco Run on Sunday.
Set 2: Golden Age > Piper > Mike’s Song > Simple > Backwards Down the Number Line > Carini >Wilson > Weekapaug Groove, The Horse > Silent in the Morning > Also Sprach Zarathustra > Fluffhead> Loving Cup
 Vocal jam.
Notes: This was the second of three pay per view performances. Wolfman’s contained a vocal jam.
Here’s The Skinny from Night Two of Phish at Bill Graham Civic Auditorium…
- Venue Capacity / Attendance / Type: 7,000 / 7,000 / Indoor Auditorium
- Previous Shows at Venue: 08/17/2012 – 1 Show
- Number Of Songs / Length – First Set: 13 / 8:09PM – 9:38PM (89 Minutes)
- Number Of Songs / Length – Second Set & Encore: 15 / 10:12PM – 12:00AM (108 Minutes)
- Total Number of Songs / Covers / Originals: 28 / 5 / 23
- Biggest Bustout: Sugar Shack – LTP: 10/29/2010 [68 Shows]
- Debuts: N/A
- Weather: 57° and Clear at Showtime
- Wardrobe: Trey – Green, Black and White Checkered Long-Sleeve Button-Down and Jeans / Mike – Grey Short-Sleeve Polo and Jeans / Page – Navy Blue Short-Sleeve Button-Down and Jeans / Fish – Dress
- Average Song Gap: 8.54
- The Spread: Junta – 1, Lawn Boy – 1, Picture of Nectar – 1, Rift – 3, Hoist – 1, Billy Breathes – 1, Farmhouse – 1, Round Room – 1, Joy – 3, Misc. – 10, Covers – 5
- Longest LivePhish Track / Shortest LivePhish Track: Fluffhead 15:13 / The Horse 1:15
- Audio: Live Phish