We throw more content up on this here rag than two asshats with demanding day jobs probably should, so we’re guessing you’ve missed some goodies here and there. So as part of our first anniversary coverage, you’ll see us roll out some self-aggrandizing Best Of sections this week. Indulge, and enjoy.
With apologies to our other regular departments, Pullin’ ‘Tubes is arguably my favorite section of the site. It presents us a glorious chance to ransack the extensive YouTube archives and exhume some of the less heralded clips, the genius videos sitting idly in a sea of rampant douchebaggery and amateur schlock. So check out our favorites, although admittedly these are more weighted towards the recent, when we swapped the weekly megapost for the daily format. Gander, take one.
- Pullin’ ‘Tubes: My Saturday Highlight — LCD Soundsystem
- Pullin’ ‘Tubes: Shake It Like a Bowl of Soup — Otis Redding
- Pullin’ ‘Tubes: My Tail Between My Legs — The Faces
- Pullin’ ‘Tubes: Cueball Difficulties — The Band, Waters & Sinead
- Pullin’ ‘Tubes: In Honor of Joe Zawinul — RIP Joe
- Pullin’ ‘Tubes: Bring on the Cocker — Mads Dogs/Englishmen
- Pullin’ ‘Tubes: Those Gold Soundz — Pavement
- Pullin’ ‘Tubes: Hiding in Honduras — Warren Zevon
- Pullin’ ‘Tubes: Moby Ridickulous — The popular rock band Phish
- Pullin’ ‘Tubes: Don’t Mess With Mama Fratelli — The Fratellis
- Pullin’ ‘Tubes: Y’all Know the Doctor? — Lou Reed/Dr. John
- Pullin’ ‘Tubes: Potato Waves Make Me Fries — Pearl Jam
- Pullin’ ‘Tubes: Don’t Be That Guy — Crowd Douchebags
- Pullin’ ‘Tubes: My Morning Jacket Weather — MMJ @ ACL
- Pullin’ ‘Tubes: Let’s Dance, Let’s Shout — Marvin Gaye
Shit, that “Potato Waves Make Me Fries” still makes me giggle like a schoolgirl.