Anything you can do I can do better: Radiohead may have had their bogus countdowns and groundbreaking news about its forthcoming album (Top of the Drudge Report, ma!), but Arcade Fire’s apparently throwing down an enormous surprise of its own this weekend at the Randall’s Island extravaganza with LCD Soundsystem, Blonde Redhead and Les Savy Fav that we’ll be attending.
So, what’s the news? All we know is that NeonBible.com has a link to a mysterious site called www.beonlineb.com that sports the above wallpaper and “Arcade Fire Presents.” Only the awesomely awesome dudes at Pitchfork seem to be in the loop, but we’re taking some guesses of our own:
- They’re giving back that poor kid’s basketball
- They’re bottling a cologne made from the sweet smell of their own success
- They’re formally seceding from Canada
- They’re announcing Montreal native and former Chicago Bulls behemoth Bill Wennington is joining the band…on ukulele
- They’re fully ready to admit that in 1972 they were the crack commando unit sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn’t commit, then promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Los Angeles underground, where today, still wanted by the government, they survive as soldiers of fortune.
So what do you think? Could we be on target? Got any thoughts? Fill us in…