On May 17, Sub Pop will release a 2 disc/3 LP collection of rarities, including out-of-print and unreleased tracks from Iron & Wine called Around The Well. In conjunction with the release, the bearded folk-rocker has put together a special intimate five-city, ten show tour. Each show will feature a unique set list, determined by fan voting, beginning March 6 and running through March 30. The shows will be made available after the tour is completed on Iron and Wine’s official live recording site, Played Last Night.
If you’re not into Sam’s singer-songwriter stylings than maybe you’ll want to check out one of these recently announced tours…
- Thao & The Get Down Stay Down line up a month long trek (begins: 04/17)
- STS9′s upcoming run sees them spending multiple nights in cities (begins: 02/28)
- Brooding rockers The National schedule a short eight date tour (begins: 05/21)
- NMAS put together a 22-city Spring tour (begins: 03/20)
- Kings Of Leon will hit arenas across the country (begins: 04/19)
- Brit-pop act Travis crosses the pond for a NA tour (begins: 03/27)
Finally, Brit indie-rock act Gomez will hit the road this Spring in support of their sixth studio album A New Tide which hits stores on March 31 – the same night they will play a record release party at New York’s Bowery Ballroom. The band will kick off their tour at SXSW before heading to the East Coast where they will team up with former BtN act Josh Ritter for a handful of co-headlining dates as well as show with new HT fave Blind Pilot. In anticipation of the release Gomez is currently offering up a free download of Airstream Driver via their website, so head on over and grab it today.