As we previously mentioned, this summer two powerhouse classic rock acts from the ’70s – Aerosmith and ZZ Top – will join forces for a lengthy summer run playing a mix of amphitheater and arena dates. The venerable Boston blues-rockers have something special planned as they will take a page out of the hipster handbook for this run by playing their 1975 classic Toys in the Attic in its entirety each night of the tour. Now if we can only convince ZZ Top to play Tres Hombres I’d easily plunk down some money for tickets.
If a night with two aging rock bands isn’t for you, than maybe you’ll want to hit one of these recently announced tours…
- Bowerbirds and Megafaun team up for a lengthy run
- Los Campesinos mix festival and headlining gigs
- Pete Yorn will criss-cross the country starting in July
- Philly’s own Hoots & Hellmouth stay busy this summer
- Nostalgia Alert: Earth, Wind & Fire hit a city near your
- DBT front man Patterson Hood heads out for a solo tour
Finally, in what is starting to feel like a trend in these tough economic times comes the announcement of another intriguing triple bill as The Pretenders, Cat Power and Juiliette Lewis will join forces. The three acts will hit the road for a 22 date run of concerts at outdoor venues across the country.