Back in 2002, Cody ChesnuTT released his critically acclaimed double-disc debut The Headphone Masterpiece, which mixed Marvin Gaye and Prince-inspired soul and R&B with elements of rock, hip hop, funk and a dash of punk. After its release ChesnuTT seemingly disappeared, choosing to stay at home to raise his family, instead of pursuing rock stardom. Earlier this year ChesnuTT returned with his long awaited full-length follow up Landing on a Hundred, crafting a modern-day soul classic that harkens back to Sly Stone at his finest. On January 25, ChesnuTT will kick off the North American leg of his world tour at the famed Troubadour in Los Angeles and the tour will wrap roughly three weeks later with a gig at The Hamilton, in Washington, D.C. on February 14, before his heads across the pond for a slew of European dates.
If you’re not into a night with Mr. ChesnuTT, then maybe you’ll be interested in hitting one of these recently announced tours…
- Cat Power: World Tour (1/22 – 3/7)
- Assembly Of Dust: Winter Tour (1/11 – 4/13)
- B.B. King: U.S. Tour (12/31 – 4/27)
- Red Baraat: Winter Tour (1/24 – 3/23)
- Caveman: North American Tour (2/26 – 4/11)
- Clutch: Winter World Tour (1/22 – 3/24)