We’ve already extolled the virtues of former BtN act and NPR’s favorite “smart-rock” band Okkervil River numerous times here on HT. Will Sheff & Co. put on my very favorite performances at this year’s SXSW destroying the stage at The Parish well past 2 AM. After making their debut appearance at Bonnaroo. the Austin-based act will then head out west to open a string of dates for Wilco – which includes a stop at the Mountain Winery where by a stroke of luck I’ll be catching this formidable double-bill.
If you can make any of those dates out West, then maybe you’ll be able to hit one of these recently announced tours…
- Tex-ican rockers Los Lonely Boys hit the road
- Electronic music maestro Paul Van Dyk heads out
- Magnolia Electric Co. will criss-cross the country
- Tool mixes festival and headlining gigs this summer
- Dinosaur Jr. start to line up some summer dates
- The ever adorable Those Darlins hit a town near you
Finally, we’re pleased to see HT faves Frightened Rabbit will be returning to the states this summer for a handful of gigs. The Scottish folk-rock act will impressively make appearances at both the Village Voice Siren Festival and the Pitchfork Music Festival in the same weekend, along with picking up headlining dates in and around both festies so check ‘em out.