It’s been awhile since we’ve given you a festival announcement around these parts, but old habits die hard and we thought the inaugural New American Music Union Festival was worth mentioning. The fest which is set to take place in scenic Pittsburgh, PA on August 8th and 9th is being curated by RHCP’s lead singer Anthony Kiedis and will feature an impressive roster which will include Bob Dylan, The Raconteurs, Spoon, Black Mountain and more.
Rounding out the lineup will also be fifteen bands from various colleges around the country who will be competing for free studio time.
If heading to the ‘Burgh for a festie and a tasty sandwich at Primanti Brothers isn’t for you, then maybe one of these recently announced tours will be:
- The hard rockin’ combo of Rose Hill Drive and The Whigs join forces for a co-headlining tour (begins: 06/11)
- Darius Rucker rounds up the Blowfish for a summer run (begins: 06/26)
- Huey Lewis & The News bring ’80s nostalgia to a town near your (begins: 05/22)
- Madge is charging a boatload for tickets to her Sweet & Sticky tour (begins: 08/23)
- Old school jambanders Blues Traveler hit the road (begins: 05/17)
- G. Love and of course the Special Sauce line up a late summer run with the John Butler Trio (begins: 08/01)
Finally, earlier this year Tina Turner made her return to the stage with one of the better performances at this year’s Grammy’s – frankly it seemed like Beyonce had a hard time keeping up. Well the reinvigorated 68 year-old Turner announced earlier this week that she’ll be hitting the road this fall for arenas dates for the first time since 2000. I’m sure there’s a joke about Ike somewhere, but we’ll leave that up to you Mad Libs style to fill in. Take your best shot…